Official Website of the Deaf-Blind Multihandicapped Association of Texas - DBMAT
"There are people that come into your life for special reasons. Sometimes, we don‘t understand why right away, but I have learned to accept that they are here not to change who you are, but to enhance your life and to teach you."
--Melanie Knapp (excerpted from "Christian & His Intervener")
The mission of DBMAT is to promote and improve the quality of life for all Texans who are deaf-blind multi-handicapped, deaf multi-handicapped, and blind multi-handicapped. Please explore this site and learn what we do, why we do it, and how you can get involved!
Here is the most recent and most important news for DBMAT :
- 2014 Conference Edition Newsletter
- Thanks for you support of our golf tournament last November. We look forward to seeing you at next year's tournament!
- We were very busy at the legislature last year. Along with many other advocacy groups, we prevailed on the legislature to modify the long-term care provisions of Senate Bill 8. The bill, as passed and signed by Governor Perry, recognizes the needs of deaf-blind individuals and the specific services they require.
- The legislature also granted 100 new slots in the Deaf-Blind Medicaid Waiver. This is the first major expansion of the size of the waiver in many years.
- Click here to learn other ways to donate to DBMAT. tarn other ways to DBMAT.