Official Website of the Deaf-Blind Multihandicapped Association of Texas - DBMAT
"There are people that come into your life for special reasons. Sometimes, we don‘t understand why right away, but I have learned to accept that they are here not to change who you are, but to enhance your life and to teach you."
--Melanie Knapp (excerpted from "Christian & His Intervener")
The mission of DBMAT is to promote and improve the quality of life for all Texans who are deaf-blind multi-handicapped, deaf multi-handicapped, and blind multi-handicapped. Please explore this site and learn what we do, why we do it, and how you can get involved!
Here is the most recent and most important news for DBMAT :
- The next Christian Knapp Memorial Golf Tournament will be Friday, October 23, 2015 starting at 1:00 p.m. at the Quail Valley Golf Course in Missouri City. Please mark your calendars and invite all your golf loving friends. The Golf Tournament is our primary way to raise funds for our intervener initiative.
- 2015 Spring Edition of DBMAT Newsletter
- This is another year of important Legislative activity. If you are not a member of DBMAT, please join and provide your email address. We want to include you on our Listserve so you can help with our Legislative priorities. If you are a member of DBMAT, please read all the Listserve publications.
- Click here to learn other ways to donate to DBMAT.
- The Annual DBMAT Conference will be held at Camp Young Judea, Wimberley TX. September 18-20 2015. ... Mark your calendars.